CHANGE STARTS NOW
Be the change you want to see in the world
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are designed to bring people together to improve life around the world. Created by the United Nations, they are a set of common goals to help us overcome global challenges like poverty, inequality, climate change and more. They seek to harmonize three core components for the future: economic growth, social inclusions and environmental protection
In lieu of the on-going pandemic and travel restrictions in place globally as a result of the coronavirus, LICMU through OnLIne will provide students the opportunity to study at distance from the comfort of their living rooms all year round starting from January 1, 2021
Learn more about the SDGs to help develop your organization's strength and sustainability. This is essential for your nonprofit's health and longevity. Capacity building enables you and your company to focus on your mission — not simply on survival.
Apply your knowledge and a help make a difference in your community. Engage in dialogues with groups and work together to make a positive change with meaningful impact to society and environment.
Register for virtual courses 2022
- Mon, 08 AugOnline CourseThis course has been designed to help students improve their communicative language abilities in English language. Focusing on topics which are actively used in real life scenarios, students will gain confidence when speaking on a broad variety of topics. Application Deadline : 20 June 2022
- Mon, 15 AugOnline CourseBy the end of this course, students will understand the how the current on-going conflict in Ukraine impacts toward fossil fuel production shifting mindset to renewable energies and the knock-on effect on climate change policies. Application Deadline: 20 June 2022
- Mon, 22 AugOnline CourseThis course has been designed to help students improve their communicative language abilities in English language. Focusing on topics which are actively used in real life scenarios, students will gain confidence when speaking on a broad variety of topics Application Deadline: 27 June 2022
- Mon, 29 AugOnline CourseBy the end of the course you will understand about the challenges of haze during the agricultural burning seasons in SEA and its impact on health. Secondly, students will see the pros and cons of legalization of cannabis for Non-Communicable Disease in Thailand Application Deadline: 4 July 2022
- Mon, 05 SeptOnline CourseBy the end of the course students will understand the difference which exists between schools located in urban and rural settings and how government policy are actually implemented at a local level. Application Deadline: 11 July 2022
- TBDOnline CourseWe have special promotion for those students who wish to learn about SDGs and improve their English. Apply now and receive a complimentary 5-hour of Global Cafe with our local students.
ENGAGE WITH LICMU SUSTAINABILITY
Sustainability by LICMU encourages everyone to play their part in our activities whether its studying with us virtually or going out into your community to help improve the lives of others. The only way we succeed is when the change comes from within, and we want to empower you to take an active role. Learn more about the opportunities available to lend your support.
SUPPORT OUR WORK
LICMU is committed to help making a difference and giving back to those communities in need. Through your support we are able to offer our services for free
SDG STAFF SEMINARS
Are you an employer, want to embed SDG knowledge whilst developing capacity among your workforce? We can help create an intensive one day training course aimed to maximize the potential of your team.
We would love to hear from you - get in touch with us now on how to apply for our SDGs virtual courses
Language Institute Chiang Mai University
239 Huay Kaew Road
Suthep, Muang, Chiang Mai 50200
Office: +66 (0) 53 943 755